Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Mix maize flour, oil and salt.
- Knead in soft pliable dough, adding very little water at a time.
- When the dough is very smooth and soft, bread a lump.
- Shape into a ball, flatten and pat with palm, to make a thin roti.
- Use dry plainflour to help.
- Or roll with a rolling pin.
- Take care to dust with flour and lift and turn to avoid sticking.
- Place on a heavy iron or earthen griddle and roast till crisp.
- Repeat on both sides.
- Repeat for all rotis.
- Cover and line with napkins to keep warm.
- Drizzle with ghee or butter if desired.
- Serve hot with sarson ka saag and slice of onion and lime.