Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe.
Top Review by Maggie in Florida
This was wonderful, Char! I made it tonight for DH and me and we both had seconds. I made it almost as written, with a few minor adjustments: I used 2 cups of thawed frozen corn, 8 garlic cloves (we love garlic and the cloves are usually of different sizes anyway), I used 1 cup of canned tomato puree instead of the fresh tomatoes. It came out so yummy and delicious. I can't wait to make it again and to serve it to our friends who also love Indian food. There is only one Indian restaurant in our area, and that one happens to be quite far away. I served it with basmati rice and a tossed salad. It was easy to make and the directions were clear and easy to follow. Thank you so much for posting and sharing this recipe.
- 4 medium boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch size pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel, blanched
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 7 -8 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 5 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, pureed
- 2 medium red capsicums, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast cumin seeds, peppercorns, corriander seeds and cloves in a pan.
- Allow to cool completely and then crush them.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and yoghurt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Saute for a few minutes until the raw smell is gone.
- Add blanched corn kernels and mix well.
- Stir in half cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the roasted crushed masala and mix well.
- Fold in tomato puree and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Simmer till the chicken is almost done.
- Add bell pepper cubes, salt and corriander leaves.
- Mix and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot.