Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an Indian appetizer that is good alone or served with a tamarind chutney dip.
Make and share this Makka Poa-Indian Corn Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- oil (for frying)
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, cumin and garam marsala.
- In small bowl whisk milk, egg and butter.
- Pour the milk mix over the flour mix; combine quickly to form a lump-free batter.
- Fold in corn, green onion, minced bell pepper and cilantro.
- In large pan pour in oil to 1 1/4 inch deep and heat to 375 degrees.
- Use a teaspoon to gently slip heaping spoonfuls of batter into oil (if you have a melon baller you can use that instead).
- Only drop in 3 or 4 at a time.
- Fry the puffs turning them occasionally till golden brown - about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Keep them warm in the oven on low heat.
- Serve them hot.