1/4 Photos of Maki Sushi Rice (Rice Cooker)
This is my recipe for sushi rice. Makes quite a bit- will make 5 nori sheets worth (which makes 10 nori rolls the same size as you get from the sushi shop!). Aussie cup size (250ml) used.
My Private Note
rolls w ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the rice well under running water, put it in the bowl of your rice maker.
- 2Add the amount of water required by the rice maker. In mine, 2 1/2 cups of rice is 4 measures of the rice cooker "cup", so I fill up the bowl until the "4" marker on the side of the bowl.
- 3Put the rice cooker on "Cook".
- 4Meanwhile, mix up the dressing by combining all remaining ingredients. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and the salt.
- 5Once the rice cooker has finished cooking, let it sit on 'Heat' for 5 minutes.
- 6Take out the rice cooker bowl and sit it on a trivet on your benchtop. Grab a friend with a handheld fan or set up an electric fan a little way away from the bowl. Take the dressing and a small plastic rice paddle, and pour a little of the dressing in a spiral pattern over the rice (starting from the outside).
- 7Using the rice paddle, lightly stir/mix the rice while your friend fans the rice (or you have the fan on low). Continue in this fashion until all of the dressing is used, the rice is cool and glossy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maki Sushi Rice (Rice Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 502.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: