This is my recipe for sushi rice. Makes quite a bit- will make 5 nori sheets worth (which makes 10 nori rolls the same size as you get from the sushi shop!). Aussie cup size (250ml) used.
- Rinse the rice well under running water, put it in the bowl of your rice maker.
- Add the amount of water required by the rice maker. In mine, 2 1/2 cups of rice is 4 measures of the rice cooker "cup", so I fill up the bowl until the "4" marker on the side of the bowl.
- Put the rice cooker on "Cook".
- Meanwhile, mix up the dressing by combining all remaining ingredients. Stir well to dissolve the sugar and the salt.
- Once the rice cooker has finished cooking, let it sit on 'Heat' for 5 minutes.
- Take out the rice cooker bowl and sit it on a trivet on your benchtop. Grab a friend with a handheld fan or set up an electric fan a little way away from the bowl. Take the dressing and a small plastic rice paddle, and pour a little of the dressing in a spiral pattern over the rice (starting from the outside).
- Using the rice paddle, lightly stir/mix the rice while your friend fans the rice (or you have the fan on low). Continue in this fashion until all of the dressing is used, the rice is cool and glossy.