Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really easy pie to make--no messing with making pie crust. Very simple and also tasty.
Make and share this Makes Its Own Crust Coconut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Combine ingredients in order given; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 10-inch pie pan.
- Bake in 350° oven for 45 minutes or till golden brown.
- The middle will appear rather soft. If properly done, it will have a delicate crust over top, sides and bottom.
- It will be solid enough to cut after it has cooled.
- The center will be a perfect cream pie.
- This is a quick way to bake a coconut pie.
- If you leave it in the oven too long, you will have more of a cake.
I loved this pie. It's more like a custard pie and the crust is like a coconut macaroon. Deeelicious! And so easy! I'll be making this one again.
I followed the recipe exactly, it made it own crust and had a golden top. It was good but not as creamy as I expected.