Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Taste of Home Light and Tasty Magazine. I love white texas sheet cake and am really happy that their test kitchen could make it lighter!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat; stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, applesauce, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until smooth.
- Pour into a 15X10X1 inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat butter and extract until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Add milk; beat until smooth. Spread over warm cake; sprinkle with almonds. Cool completely.