Makeover Streusel Coffee Cake
- In a small bowl, combine the nuts, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and crumbly. Beat in the egg yolks, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to the sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until tiff peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Pour half of the batter into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and floured; sprinkle with nut mixture. Pour in remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.