1/1 Photo of Makeover Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Audrey M's Note:
This has been a family favorite recipe for many years. I believe it was one of the first recipes I made when I first got married 24 years ago. I was so happy to come across a low-fat version in a Light and Tasty magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (8 ounces)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat margarine, melted
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- sugar substitute, equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 20 ounces unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1In a bowl, combine the pretzels, margarine and 3 Tablespoons sugar.
- 2Press onto the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- 4Cool on a wire rack.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar substitute and remaining sugar until smooth.
- 6Fold in whipped topping.
- 7Spread over cooled crust.
- 8Refrigerate until chilled.
- 9Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- 10Add water to pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1 cup; pour into a saucepan.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Pour into a large bowl, stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 13Drain strawberries, reserving juice; set strawberries aside.
- 14Add water to strawberry juice if necessary to measure 1 1/2 cups; stir into gelatin mixture.
- 15Refrigerate until partially set.
- 16Stir in reserved pineapple and strawberries.
- 17Carefully spoon over filling.
- 18Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- 19This recipe was tested with Parkay Light stick margarine and Splenda No Calorie Sweetener.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Makeover Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 567.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g