Recipe by Manami
Found this "lighter" take in Light and Tasty, Feb/March 2007. The original was 673 calories and this one is 346 calories. Was in the mood for some comfort food and I found this in the latest magazine. It was truly wonderful! Tweaked a bit.
Top Review by Kromiumman
I added the tuna water because my sauce mixture was way too thick, and I would recommend mixing the noodles in with the sauce for future tries, but this is absolutely DELICIOUS!
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (6 ounce) package reduced-sodium chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained and flaked
- hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream mixture and hot sauce, if using.
- Add the spinach, stuffing mix, bread crumbs, mushrooms and tuna; mix well.
- Drain noodles and place in a 13"x9" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with tuna mixture; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and heated through.