Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in my new Light N Tasty magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soft
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar till crumbly (2 minutes). Add egg, then egg whites, beat well after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat a 10-inch fluted tube pan with non-stick spray and dust with flour. Add batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Dust with sugar.