Recipe by looneytunesfan
A lighter version of Ranch Ham 'N' Cheese Pasta.
Top Review by Pryjmaty
This turned out really good! However, the next time I fix it, I'm going to use a bit less pasta. I think 16 oz. is just too much for the amount of sauce. Anyway, this is definately going to be a fav way for me to use up leftover ham!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne or 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a Dutch oven, melt butter; whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; fold in sour cream until blended. Add ham and pasta; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in Mexican cheese blend until melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.