Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Healthy Cooking magazine, June/July 2009. It looks like the perfect summertime sweet treat.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 medium peaches, peeled & diced
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12 inch pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cook on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust. Arrange the peaches on top. Refrigerate leftovers.
I scaled this back for 8 slices but made the mistake of trying to form the mix into a circle on the tray (lined with baking paper), it really needs the mix to go to the edge of the tray to cook and set properly or as what happened to me I ended up with the edge crumbling away but the end result was still fantastic. I used a sugar substitute in step one and used half sugar substitube and confecters sugar (icing sugar) in step 2 because of diatery reasons but ran out of substitute and so had to add the sugar but my big problem was that the dozen peaches I had purchased 3 days before had been all eaten so I had to use canned peaches but honestly think this dessert could work with a mirriard of fruits that are in season, to mind comes streawberries, or nectarines or plumbs to name a few. thank you Shelby Jo, made for Photo Tag game.
Made this recipe ALMOST as written, but did change one thing & added another ~ I didn't peel the peaches & I did add two cups of fresh blueberries along with the peaches! And, the finished product was REALLY OUTSTANDING, both in ease-of-preparation & in the taste department! Definitely a keeper recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]