Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a recipe I found on Web MD. It is a lower fat/calorie version than most Hashbrown casseroles.
- 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream or 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal (just use your hands to crush the flakes into a 2 cup measure)
- canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Coat a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish with canola cooking spray.
- Add hashbrowns, butter, broth, condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, cheese, salt and pepper to a large bowl and stir to blend well.
- Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle Cornflakes over the top, press gently over the top of the Cornflakes.
- Generously coat the Cornflakes with canola cooking spray.
- Bake covered in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until casserole is lightly brown on top and bubbling.
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! This stuff is so good and a change from MY traditional family recipe. Thank you for sharing!