Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
From Light and Tasty Magazine.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) can reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, milk, egg substitute and butter. Stir in the process cheese, 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese and macaroni.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 2-3/4 to 3 hours or until center is set, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining sharp cheddar cheese.
Nice dish, and couldn't be easier... no changes to recipe - served with breaded fish and corn fritters.
Yummy!! :) We really enjoyed this dish tonight for supper. Nice blend of cheeses and I LOVE the fact that I did not have to turn on my oven in the summer! Thanks for a keeper in my file of for sure recipes! Made for Potluck Recipes for June Photo Event.
This recipe looks delicious, but can someone please tell me what is "light" about it???