Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
From Light and Tasty Magazine.
Make and share this Makeover Light Slow-Cooked Mac 'n' Cheese Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) can reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the evaporated milk, milk, egg substitute and butter. Stir in the process cheese, 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese and macaroni.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 2-3/4 to 3 hours or until center is set, stirring once. Sprinkle with remaining sharp cheddar cheese.
Nice dish, and couldn't be easier... no changes to recipe - served with breaded fish and corn fritters.
Yummy!! :) We really enjoyed this dish tonight for supper. Nice blend of cheeses and I LOVE the fact that I did not have to turn on my oven in the summer! Thanks for a keeper in my file of for sure recipes! Made for Potluck Recipes for June Photo Event.