Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lighter version of Frozen Mocha Cheesecake Loaf.
Make and share this Makeover Frozen Mocha Cheesecake Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 7 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom and 1/2 inches up the sides of prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon half of the mixture into another bowl and set aside. Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; fold into remaining cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate syrup.
- Spoon half of the chocolate mixture over crust. Top with half of the reserved cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers (pan will be full). Freeze, uncovered, for 6 hours or until set. Cover and freeze until serving. Use foil to lift out of pan; cut into slices.
I needed a chocolate cheesecake for a dinner party and decided on this one because it was different from the traditional round cheesecake, and because it could be prepared and frozen in advance. When I unmolded it, I place it crumb-side down on the serving platter and drizzled additional chocolate syrup over the top for decoration. Everyone raved about how great it looked and how wonderful it tasted.
Now this is some mocha! The cookies were a bit challenging to crumble but after freezing them for a while, they surrendered to my mallet. My crust didn't stick firmly but after freezing, it didn't matter since the first layer held it together. Other than subbing my No Guilt Hot Fudge Sauce for the chocolate syrup, I made exactly as written. And boy are we enjoying the results!!! Thanks for sharing this gem!