Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom made this for Thanksgiving not sure where she got it but a new twist on a green bean casserole.
- 3 cups frozen French style green beans, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) canslided water chestnuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 5 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup crushed butter flavored cracker
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Tranfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In small skillet , melt butter. add cracker crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
This was EXCELLENT! I found it in a Taste of Home magazine and it's also listed on their website. I WILL make again. FYI - I honestly couldn't taste the Velveeta at all....I was even considering putting in more the next time I made it.
I didn'yt like the velveeta it would have been much better without it