Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lighter version of Creamy French Dressing.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, ketchup, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, onion powder and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cornstarch mixture. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
This is a lovely salad dressing and it is a 5 stars! Love that flavour.The funny part is that I didn't have to add the cornstarch mixture to the dressing as it was the perfect texture for me. I also added fresh crushed garlic and only 1 Tblsp sugar;We prefer our dressing no too sweet. I made this for Photo Tag.Thank you for posting. Rita
Excellent--this may becoome my standard French Dressing. It's tangier than some, with a definite sweet-and-sour quality. My regular blenders out of commission right now, so I pureed my onions in my mini-blender, then whisked them together with the other ingredients, including the cornstarch in water mixture.