Recipe by Member #610488
Grandmother's recipe box yielded this one. The Balkan Grill Restaurant in Vienna, Austria is where this dish is from. I would say that Makedonska probably means Macedonia in Slavic language. The cheese used in the original recipe is Kaskaval which is similar to Mozzarella. If you can find it, I recommend using it.
Top Review by Huskergirl
Thanks CelticevergreeIn, just finished with this entree and was very impressed with the flavors. I made this 2 different ways, with and without the pepperoni, but both were good. I will more than likely make this again. I really enjoyed the sauce, I did make a change, because I found out that I was out of garlic so I put in 1/4 tsp garlic powder in the broth, then garnished with parsley to serve. Thank you for the great recipe. Made for ZWT4 for team CHIC CHEF.
- 4 slices lean pork, 5-6 inches square, thin slices
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, thin slices
- 4 tablespoons pepperoni, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- On one half of each slice of pork lay a slice of cheese, allowing enough meat (about 1/2 inch) on the outside to run a skewer (for grilling) or toothpick (for broiling) through it later.
- Top each with a tablespoonful of the minced pepperoni and fold over the other half of the pork and close with skewer or toothpick.
- Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and grill over hot fire or grill in the broiler at 450F, 5 min on each side.
- Serve with garlic sauce, made by boiling minced cloves of garlic in beef broth which has been seasoned with salt and pepper.