1/1 Photo of Make Yourself a Dang Quesadilla!
This is a light, tasty quesadilla, made of yummy summertime veggies. It's perfect for lunch on a hot day, or when you just don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (jack is good too)
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices red onions (thin slices, about 1/8-1/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini (about 1/3 medium zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (that's approximate I usually just give half a lemon a good squirt) or 1 teaspoon lime juice (that's approximate I usually just give half a lemon a good squirt)
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- salsa, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and cook until they begin to soften.
- 2Add zucchini, corn, jalapeno, a squirt of lemon or lime juice and seasonings to taste; Lower heat to medium and cook until veggies are tender.
- 3Place tortilla in a large skillet over low heat; place cheese and tomato slices on half the tortilla, top with zucchini mixture, and fold the empty side of the tortilla over it, pressing down lightly with a spatula.
- 4When the cheese begins to melt and the tortilla starts to brown, flip and brown the other side as well.
- 5Slice into wedges and serve with salsa or sour cream.
- 6**For 2 quesadillas (or a mega-quesadilla), double the filling ingredients, spread them on the entire tortilla and place another tortilla on top -- flipping is a little trickier, but otherwise the method is the same).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Yourself a Dang Quesadilla!
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.6
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 628.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 13.8 g