I searched all over the internet for a recipe to make ice cream with my students... This is the one I decided on. The kids LOVED it. Similar recipes on zaar will not get as "hard" as this one due to the lack of enough ice or salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla to the quart ziploc bag. Mix the sugar around in the milk mixture.
- 2Seal the bag securely making sure all the air is out of the bag.
- 3Put 3 cups of ice into the gallon ziploc bag.
- 4Add 3/4 cup to 1 cup salt (sodium chloride) to the bag of ice.
- 5Place the sealed quart bag inside the gallon bag of ice and salt removing excess air from bigger bag.
- 6Seal the gallon bag securely.
- 7Rock and squish the gallon bag from side to side. Do not be too rough because the bag may break.
- 8Also, if the ourside bag springs a leak, place it inside another gallon bag, or just start over with the ice step with another bag.
- 9It's best to hold it by the top seal or to have gloves or a cloth between the bag and your hands because the bag will be cold enough to damage your skin.
- 10Continue to rock the bag for 10-15 minutes or until the contents of the quart bag have solidified into ice cream.
- 11If it does not harden within 15 minutes, add more ice and salt to your bag and continue mixing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Your Own Vanilla Ice Cream in Baggies
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: