Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fill those little compartments on the Tupperware Serving Center with some or all of these ingredients. Diners make-their-own salad--and no one has to pick out the stuff they don't like! Great to take along on a picnic or tailgate party or potluck, too. See Perfectly Seasoned Taco Meat for directions in how to prepare the BEST-EVER (and easy) Taco Meat. Measurements given here are APPROXIMATE...make enough to comfortably fill the compartments on the Serving Center.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag lettuce, bite size
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips (plain or flavored)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 -6 green onions, sliced (tops included)
- 1 1⁄2 cups guacamole, sauce
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 -2 cup tomatoes, deseeded, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups salsa, sauce (or picante)
- 2 -3 cups taco meat, seasoned
- Dump lettuce in a large serving bowl (or the lid of Tupperware Serving Center).
- Dump chips in another serving bowl (or the lid of the Serving Center if you didn't put the lettuce in it).
- Mix sour cream and green onion slices; place in center compartment of serving center.
- Place each of remaining ingredients (except chips) into one compartment of the serving center--being artistic in your arrangement so the colors look "nice."
- BRIGHT IDEA #1: Heat up a can of refried beans, slather some on a burrito skin, and use to wrap around a hard-taco shell, then fill shell with fav ingredients--it won't crack!
- BRIGHT IDEA #2: Mix everything up in a bowl, drizzle with Western Salad Dressing, and call it Western Taco Salad.
A good dinner for our bunch. I actually had to disperse everything even more, and not add the green onions to the sour cream! LOL That way DH and the kids didn't have to pick them out. I actually forgot the cheese by accident, but it was fine without. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT5, for the Groovy GastroGnomes.