Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a basic pasta salad recipe, which is easy to tweak or add extra veggies to, depending what you have on hand. I like to make this on Sundays and keep it in the fridge for quick healthy lunches/dinners during hectic work weeks. It really doesn't take much time to make your own dressing for pasta salads and the results are much fresher-tasting and well worth the effort.
- 226.79 g pasta, cooked (penne is my favorite for this)
- 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 56.69 g cheese, of your choice (provolone, feta, and pepper are good)
- 198.44 g pitted olives, of your choice (black and kalamata work well)
- 236.59 ml vegetables, of your choice (artichokes, green onions, bell peppers, cucumbers with seeds removed, etc.)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 40.22 ml vinegar, of your choice (red wine or cider)
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- Place pasta, cheese, tomatoes, vegetables and olives in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.