Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a basic pasta salad recipe, which is easy to tweak or add extra veggies to, depending what you have on hand. I like to make this on Sundays and keep it in the fridge for quick healthy lunches/dinners during hectic work weeks. It really doesn't take much time to make your own dressing for pasta salads and the results are much fresher-tasting and well worth the effort.
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked (penne is my favorite for this)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces cheese, of your choice (provolone, feta, and pepper are good)
- 7 ounces pitted olives, of your choice (black and kalamata work well)
- 1 cup vegetables, of your choice (artichokes, green onions, bell peppers, cucumbers with seeds removed, etc.)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar, of your choice (red wine or cider)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place pasta, cheese, tomatoes, vegetables and olives in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
A huge hit!