Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
great for fast breakfasts
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Assembly Directions:
- Mix various batches of several kinds of oatmeal.
- Freezing Directions:
- Store sealed mixture in freezer or pantry.
- Serving Directions:.
- To make one serving, scoop 1/2°C of the mixture in a bowl. Add 1°C water and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Stir and let stand for another minute.
This is my "go-to" recipe to get my family off to a healthy start and out the door quickly on weekday mornings. No unpronounceable ingredients, no preservatives--just three ingredients--plus any extras you put in. Great recipe!
This is perfect for breakfast at work. It's not too sweet, which I love because I'm not a big fan of sweets. I stirred in the 1/4 cup of walnuts and love the added crunch. I think my boyfriend will appreciate having this on hand as well, because he has a family history of high cholesterol and we've been trying to find ways to lower his naturally.
This is a great idea. DH likes to take oatmeal to work for his morning break and I really don't like paying for the individual packets. Thanks for posting this. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.