Recipe by Anissa
It is so much cheaper to make this than to buy those little packets of oatmeal. You can make this to your own taste and try it different ways every morning. My kids love this and even my little one eats it (with her hands, yuck!). Serving amounts is a guess.
Top Review by QueenQT26
I always used to buy the oatmeal packets, but being that I eat oatmeal pretty much every morning for breakfast, I run out quickly and those little packets are expensive (not to mention more sugary than I'd like). So, I loved the idea of making my own oatmeal packets!! I usually mix the quick-cooking oats with soy milk, then add different mix-ins, depending on what I feel like! I've mixed in: apple butter, honey, cinnamon, peanut butter, granola, dried blueberries or other misc. fruit, banana, apple, chocolate chips...it's so fun to experiment and much more versatile than the same flavored packet every morning! Thanks!
- 5 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- cinnamon, to taste
- nuts, chopped
Add just before serving
- apple, chopped
- maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in a large air-tight container, oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Store until ready to use.
- To serve, pour desired amount into microwavable bowl.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Stir in apples and maple syrup, if desired.