Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Holi is the festival of colours celebrated every year with great joy and bhaang in India. The colours available in the market can damage your skin, hair, teeth, etc. Did you know that if you oil your hair before going out to play, then, your hair won't be damaged with the Holi colours? Yes, its true. Now, using this recipe you can make the Holi colour at home. This is good for the skin too :) Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon powdered turmeric (haldi)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup gram flour or 1 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the turmeric and flour together.
- Add talcum powder and mix well.
- Now, if you want green colour Holi colour, use henna or mehendi powder, either on its own or mixed with flour(depends on how light or dark you want it).
- If you want saffron colour, put flowers of marigold in the water and boil them thoroughly. Leave the water untouched overnight.
- Next day, add it to the flour, powder and turmeric mixture.
- If you want red colour, prepare a paste of hibiscus flowers mixed with a little water and add it to the flour mixture. Alternatively, you may use powdered hibsicus flowers added with some water(made into paste) and then added to the flour mixture.
- Alternatively, you may use beetroot boiled in water and left overnight and used the next day(add it to the flour mixture next day).