Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This really works--just freeze and when needed just fry and serve--so easy!
- Peel the potatoes and soak them in water.
- Cut them into 1 centimeter thick slices and further cut them into finger sized pieces.
- Take a pan and pour sufficient water for boiling.
- Then put the potato pieces in the water and add salt. Boil till it is half done.
- Drain and cool them. Then put the pieces into a zip-lock bag and seal tightly removing excess air.
- Store them in a deep freezer. Whenever you need them, remove from freezer and deep fry directly in medium hot oil till they turn crispy and golden. Add salt only after removing from hot oil.
- Serve hot.
These worked quite well! I did not deep fry them but baked them and they turned out nice and crispy. Thank you for posting this... I will use this often.
These fries turned out okay and had some really nice crunchy skins. (I left just a bit of skin on the ends of each fry.) But they fell apart a little in the fryer and got a little grease-logged even though the oil was at the proper temperature. I may be trying this again, but if I do, next time, I probably won't boil them as much as I did this time.