1/1 Photo of Make Your Own Chocolate Cake Mix
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is for when you want to make a recipe calling for chocolate cake mix and you don't have one on hand. Found on Recipelink.com, originally from Make Your Own Groceries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together flour, cocoa, soda, and salt; stir to blend.
- 2Mix in sugar.
- 3Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks crumbly.
- 4Label and store in a sealed plastic bag at room temperature. Makes 1 package of mix.
- 5Each package makes two 8 or 9 inch layers or one 9 x 13 x 2 inch rectangle.
- 6TO USE:
- 7Pour 1 package of mix into a mixing bowl.
- 8Add 1 1/4 cups milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla or orange extract.
- 9Using an electric mixer, beat at a slow to medium speed for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl frequently.
- 10Add 2 eggs; beat 1 minute more.
- 11Grease and dust with flour your choice of pan(s).
- 12Spread batter evenly in pans.
- 13Bake round cake pans at 350 degrees F. for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 14Bake the 9 x 13 inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 15Cool cakes in their pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto racks.
- 16CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES: Pour cake batter into greased cupcake tins or tins lined with paper baking cups; fill 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes about 2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Your Own Chocolate Cake Mix
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3430.9
- Calories from Fat 1321
- Total Fat 146.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3019.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 531.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 301.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g