Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Paula Deen. It tastes exactly like the boursin cheese sold at stores, for a fraction of the cost! I like to serve this spread with buttery crackers. You could also use it to make sandwiches, etc... The prep time does not include softening of cream cheese, butter or the refrigeration time.
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened (2 8 oz. bars)
- 8 ounces whipped butter, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Put the cream cheese and butter into the bowl of a food processor. (You could use a mixer or blender if you don't have a food processor.).
- Add the seasonings and process until completely blended and smooth.
- Line a medium-sized serving bowl with plastic wrap and fill it with the cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving.
- You can keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Well add mine to all the other 5-star reviews for this recipe - it's TERRIFIC! Delicious, addictive, and made with ingredients I always have on hand. I did use reduced-fat cream cheese and butter with excellent results. Served with Wheat Thins crackers and loved this tasty treat - thanks for sharing the recipe!!
This was really good! I'm glad I made this recipe, partly because I have quite a bit of dried basil and oregano to use. This is also much better than the store bought flavoured cheese that I find in supermarkets! They sometimes have an artificial flavour to them and this stayed true to a much fresher and cheaper kind, since i already had the herbs on hand!
First time ever tasting anything like this so I can't compare to what the real thing tastes like. All I know is that it is wonderful. Next time I will probably cut back on the salt but that is just my own taste. Thanks for sharing..it's a keeper.