Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe makes 12 cups and has no sodium, unless you opt to add it. This mix makes it possible to still fix those dishes which my husband loves.
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup featherweight baking powder (no sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute or 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt substitute
- 2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening until mix resembles cormeal.
- Stores up to 6 weeks at room temperature, or FREEZE for a much longer time.
Why no cooking instructions, i. e. Temperature, time, etc.
Great substitute! I will keep a container of this in the fridge instead of that big yellow box :) Used it in Simple Chewy Granola Bars. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
Salt-free. That 's the reason I tried this. I tasted the mixture after adding just a half TBS. salt substitute and 1/8 cup Splenda. I made short-cakes right away because I was anxious to see how the mix would bake up. It baked up beautifully. Thanks so much for posting your recipe. It's not always easy to cook & bake salt-free & sugar-free. I have to add, the pan-cakes I made next were very nice & tasty. I used egg substitute #47200 instead of whole egg to make the pan-cakes