Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich and creamy and guaranteed to make you melt! If it wasn't so obviously Mexican you'd swear it was French! My roommates, friends, and family all hint at least once a week wondering when I'll be making them next. This is definitely my most coveted recipe and I have noticed when I do make them more and more people are showing up for dinner! These are way too good not to share! However I retain any and all publishing rights. Feel free to use it, but get in touch if you want it for a book! Hehehe...It is also way to good to give up!
- In a saucepan cook the chicken.
- Season to taste with garlic.
- To the chicken add soup, milk and green chilies.
- Stir occasionally to prevent scalding.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high.
- Cook the tortillas one at a time for approximately 10 to 20 seconds on each side on the dry, hot skillet.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- TORTILLAS WILL REMAIN SOFT AND PLIABLE.
- On a plate build the tortillas by layering the ingredients in the following order:tortilla, chicken/ chile/ soup mixture, cheddar cheese.
- Repeat the layering process 4 times per plate.
This is a great tasting, easy recipe. My mom used to make it for our family when I was a kid and now I make it for mine. We call it "Mexi-Chicky" at our house but it is the same recipe. It goes fast at potlucks too! Good one to share!
This was a nice recipe and we did enjoy it, but I found it very rich so perhaps just not meant for me. I used cream of chicken soup so if I ever made it again I would use mushroom (which you stated as your preference) to see if that would give it an extra star or two. I would still recommend people try it though as it makes a nice different meal. Thanks.
I added a pk of cream cheese and a cup of sour cream. YUM