Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was craving some creamy pasta dish but didn't feel like following a recipe and wanted it to be quick. This took me 20 minutes from start to finish and I think it tasted great! I didn't really measure anything so I am estimating here. This makes enough for 2 people.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 -15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- cooked pasta (I used linguine)
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and add onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add tomato halves and saute another few minutes.
- Add wine to pan and boil for about a minute.
- Turn heat to low and add cream to pan, stirring often.
- Add cheese and stir continuously until well mixed and thickened.
- Crumble cooked bacon into sauce.
- Taste sauce and season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Add sauce to pasta, stir it in and serve.