Recipe by happynana
I cut this recipe out of a Kraft Food Magazine a couple of months ago. I don't know if it is perfect but it does make nice ice tea. We have only made the sweetened tea. If you want to use sweetened tea, read instructions thoroughly to make as directed.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
SO tasty! Thank you! I was looking for a sugar free and caffeine free iced tea for my kids and me. I used 6 of the Good Earth sweet and spicy tea. It's perfect. My 12 year old son just told me it's better than soda. That is about the best compliment I could ever get!! Can't wait to try it with all different teas.
- 6 tea bags
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags and baking soda in a large heat resistant glass measuring cup.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and pour tea into a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add 6 cups of cold water. If you have hard water, use filtered water or bottled water.
- For sweetened tea, put approximately 1 cup of sugar (adjust to taste) in 2 quart pitcher. Then pour tea concentrate from step 2, and after sugar has dissolved, add 6 cups of cold water.
- To avoid cloudiness, cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Garnish with lemon or mint and serve over ice.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.