Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband and dad love this! When my mom or I make it, they are fighting over it. They don't want to share. :) This is quite rich, so I only make for special occasions. You could also add some chocolate syrup and strawberries for something different.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 473.18 ml graham crackers, crushed (I use 2 sleeves)
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks, drained
- 453.59 g Cool Whip
- 118.29-236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 8 maraschino cherries, quartered (optional)
- 473.18-709.77 ml shredded coconut
- Mix graham crumbs with 1 stick butter/margarine. Press into bottom of 13x9 pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix egg subtitute with 2 sticks butter/margarine and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 10 minutes). Spread on top of graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of bananas (sliced), then a layer of well-drained chopped pineapple or strawberries.
- Add a layer of Cool Whip.
- Add a layer of chopped nuts, coconut, and cherries on top if desired and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Spoon out.
"Made half the recipe and since these were not to be baked, I layered them in individual serving dishes which made them not messy at all. These are wonderful tasting and we all enjoyed them after a simple meal." Made for the Beverage Tag, Cupid's Choice.
Messy but good.
This was a crazy dessert all around, but in a good way. We omitted the cherries as we were out of them. The different textures were awesome to our mouths. Although a tad sweet, it had a good flavor blend. Your instructions to spoon it out are correct, as we tried to pie slice it out, and it got messy and fell apart easily. Our tastebuds did not seem to mind this however. We would suggest layering this in parfait glasses as individual servings. Nice job S/L. Thanks for sharing. -Bird-