1/2 Photos of Make Like a Banana and Split Cake
My husband and dad love this! When my mom or I make it, they are fighting over it. They don't want to share. :) This is quite rich, so I only make for special occasions. You could also add some chocolate syrup and strawberries for something different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed (I use 2 sleeves)
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/2-1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 maraschino cherries, quartered (optional)
- 2 -3 cups shredded coconut
- 1Mix graham crumbs with 1 stick butter/margarine. Press into bottom of 13x9 pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 2Mix egg subtitute with 2 sticks butter/margarine and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 10 minutes). Spread on top of graham cracker crust.
- 3Add a layer of bananas (sliced), then a layer of well-drained chopped pineapple or strawberries.
- 4Add a layer of Cool Whip.
- 5Add a layer of chopped nuts, coconut, and cherries on top if desired and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- 6Refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Spoon out.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Like a Banana and Split Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.4
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 254.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g