Recipe by SweetsLady
My husband and dad love this! When my mom or I make it, they are fighting over it. They don't want to share. :) This is quite rich, so I only make for special occasions. You could also add some chocolate syrup and strawberries for something different.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
"Made half the recipe and since these were not to be baked, I layered them in individual serving dishes which made them not messy at all. These are wonderful tasting and we all enjoyed them after a simple meal." Made for the Beverage Tag, Cupid's Choice.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed (I use 2 sleeves)
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 maraschino cherries, quartered (optional)
- 2 -3 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix graham crumbs with 1 stick butter/margarine. Press into bottom of 13x9 pan. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Mix egg subtitute with 2 sticks butter/margarine and powdered sugar until light and fluffy (about 10 minutes). Spread on top of graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of bananas (sliced), then a layer of well-drained chopped pineapple or strawberries.
- Add a layer of Cool Whip.
- Add a layer of chopped nuts, coconut, and cherries on top if desired and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Spoon out.