1/1 Photo of Make-It-Mine Pork Kabobs
National Pork Board's Note:
Summer entertaining just got more delicious. These grilled pork kabobs are tender, juicy and so easy to customize with your favorite combination of herbs and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin roast or 1 lb tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard or 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 small red pepper or small orange sweet bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares*
- 6 ounces shiitake mushroom caps or 6 ounces white mushroom caps, halved if needed*
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch pieces*
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly or 1/4 cup orange marmalade, melted
- 8 skewers
- 1In a self-sealing plastic bag combine cubed pork, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and Dijon-style mustard (or Chinese Five Spice); seal bag and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
- 2Prepare medium-hot fire with charcoal or preheat gas to medium high.
- 3Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade. Thread pork, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini alternately onto 8 skewers. Brush or drizzle with reserved marinade. Grill kabobs directly over fire, turning to brown evenly, for 5 minutes. Brush kabobs with the melted jelly. Continue to grill for 3 to 10 minutes more or until tender. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.
- 4*Kabob ingredients don’t need to be limited to the vegetables listed. There are several ways to customize kabobs; try incorporating cherry tomatoes, broccoli (precooked until crisp-tender), pineapple chunks (fresh or canned), yellow summer squash, red onion wedges, baby carrots (precooked until crisp-tender), halved tiny new potatoes (precooked until tender) or try adding fresh sprigs of herbs.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make-It-Mine Pork Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 595.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
small red pepper or small orange sweet bell pepper