My favorite, fast prep coffee cake. It's not as sweet as most other recipes, as that's the way I like it. Tastes great with a mug of chair with soy milk!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel apples and chop into cubes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, margarine/butter, and brown sugar.
- Spread half of mixture in a 9" round pan; pat flat.
- Add the baking soda and salt to the large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the vanilla, egg, and sour cream until just blended.
- Add this mixture to the large bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Add the chopped apples to the large bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Pour contents of large bowl into the 9" round pan.
- Bake 40-60 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean and dry.