Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Bring a piece of Hawai'i to your kitchen, without the heat! With this fast and easy recipe you can sneak in the fruits and vegetables, and the kids will THANK YOU for it!!! Half or quarter the recipe for family servings or make it all for your next party!
- 9 ounces sweet and sour sauce (jar)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (we use low sodium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs frozen meatballs (we make our own)
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed (medium)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (in natural juices, not syrup)
- Line crock pot wtih a plastic liner, if desired.
- Add all ingredients to the pot, stirring together.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 7-8 hours, HIGH 3-4 hours.
- NOTE: We serve this over steamed white rice for family dinner.
I used my own meatballs, very easy. My family love it. I didn't have red pepper so I used green peppers and add some onions. Excellent, thank you for the recipe.
So easy! I used pre-made turkey meatballs for my son's 1st birthday party. I used 6 lbs for 40 and had about 1 lb left over. Kids loved them and so did the adults.
This recipe exceeded my expectations and I would make it again! I used a 20 oz bag of frozen meatballs and only added half of the sweet and sour sauce and half of the pineapple tidbits to start. One hour before serving the rest of the sauce, pineapple, and vegetables were added and the crock pot turned to high. I used a half of red, yellow, & green peppers, one onion, and a zucchini simply because I wanted more vegetables. The sauce is thin, but everything is nicely flavored. Next time I may thicken the sauce with cornstarch, but the recipe goes into my best of the pantry cookbook as is. Thank you for sharing the recipe!