Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Bring a piece of Hawai'i to your kitchen, without the heat! With this fast and easy recipe you can sneak in the fruits and vegetables, and the kids will THANK YOU for it!!! Half or quarter the recipe for family servings or make it all for your next party!
- 9 ounces sweet and sour sauce (jar)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (we use low sodium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs frozen meatballs (we make our own)
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed (medium)
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained (in natural juices, not syrup)
- Line crock pot wtih a plastic liner, if desired.
- Add all ingredients to the pot, stirring together.
- Cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW 7-8 hours, HIGH 3-4 hours.
- NOTE: We serve this over steamed white rice for family dinner.
I used my own meatballs, very easy. My family love it. I didn't have red pepper so I used green peppers and add some onions. Excellent, thank you for the recipe.
So easy! I used pre-made turkey meatballs for my son's 1st birthday party. I used 6 lbs for 40 and had about 1 lb left over. Kids loved them and so did the adults.
Quick, easy, delicious - everything I look for in a slow cooker recipe! Made these tonight using Kikkoman sweet and sour sauce and a small bag of frozen meatballs (we only have 4 in our family). Added a little cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but otherwise followed the recipe. Threw everything in the slow cooker at 2 and had dinner on the table after homework by 6, no stress! Thanks, Tia!