Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and easy! This is one of the recipes I use in my monthly make-ahead cooking.
Make and share this Make and Freeze Breadsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml warm water
- 59.16 ml butter
- 9.85 ml salt
- 709.77 ml unbleached bread flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- Combine water, 3 Tbs softened butter and yeast into Kitchen Aide fitted with paddle. Let sit for a minute to proof. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Turn mixer on low speed and gradually add the flour mixture. When thoroughly combined, switch to dough hook and process on low to medium for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a bowl. Cover and let rise for 40-60 minutes. Turn out onto floured surface and divide in half. Cut each half into 12 pieces and roll each piece into 4-6" rope. Place 2" apart on greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled (about 20 minutes). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden brown. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Immediately brush with butter and sprinkle with parmesan.
- If you like, you can freeze some of the uncooked dough by placing it on a flat surface in the freezer until solid, then transferring to a freezer bag. When you're ready to serve, place dough on a greased baking sheet and allow to thaw for 60-90 minutes. Bake as usual.
Really yummy homemade breadsticks. I did not try to freeze them, but love having the directions. My husband and son gobbled these down! Thanks :)
Took the first reviewer's word for it & doubled the recipe, because, among other things, I did want to see how well the freezing part of it worked out! Made the recipe right after tagging it & froze 24 of 'em! Thawed them out yesterday & that second batch was just as great tasting as the previous one! Definitely a winner of a recipe & well worth 5 stars! Many thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
I wish I could give these 10 stars, they are amazing! The breadsticks are Perfect, firm outside and soft inside, and the flavour is mmmm! I should have made twice the amount, I definitely will in future. One thing, in Step 1 you mention 'italian' while adding the ingredients, there is no 'italian' in the ingredient list.... so I added about a tablespoon of dried Italian herbs, and this worked marvellously well. Thank you for a recipe I'll be making often, yum! Made for PAC Spring 2009