I was thinking that if you can make breakfast burritos to freeze than you have to be able to make a healthy wrap for lunch. Here is the result. Feel free to change it up to whatever sounds good to you!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) package southwest seasoning
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 16 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Combine rice, southwest seasoning and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat, and cool.
- Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add corn, onion, spices and salsa, and toss to mix.
- Mix in rice and cheese.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, and roll up.
- Freeze wraps in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- When fully frozen, wrap individually; place wraps in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- TO SERVE: Unwrap wraps (that even sounds funny to me) from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- Wrap in a paper towel.
- Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Or thaw wrap (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), put foil, and bake at 350F for ten minutes.