1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Wraps - OAMC
1 hr 10 mins
I was thinking that if you can make breakfast burritos to freeze than you have to be able to make a healthy wrap for lunch. Here is the result. Feel free to change it up to whatever sounds good to you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) package southwest seasoning
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) jar salsa
- 16 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Combine rice, southwest seasoning and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Remove from heat, and cool.
- 4Place black beans and pinto beans into a colander or strainer, and rinse.
- 5Transfer to a large bowl. Add corn, onion, spices and salsa, and toss to mix.
- 6Mix in rice and cheese.
- 7Divide the mixture evenly among the tortillas, and roll up.
- 8Freeze wraps in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 9When fully frozen, wrap individually; place wraps in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
- 10TO SERVE: Unwrap wraps (that even sounds funny to me) from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
- 11Wrap in a paper towel.
- 12Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- 13Or thaw wrap (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), put foil, and bake at 350F for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Wraps - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 697.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: