Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great on hectic mornings. I keep mine healthy by using "lite" high fiber wheat English muffins, lean ham, and reduced fat cheese. You can also sub egg beaters for the egg mixture. They taste much better than Mc you know who's!
- 6 English muffins
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 slices ham or 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray, like Pam
- Split English muffins.
- Spray the cut sides lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over med high heat and brown cut sides of muffins; set aside.
- In another pan, sauté onion and green pepper in olive oil until soft.
- Mix eggs, milk, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the large skillet again and spray with cooking spray (nonstick works best).
- Pour 1/6th pf egg mixture into pan, and with a heat proof rubber spatula, roughly form the omelet into a circle about the same size as the muffin. Repeat for six omelets.
- Using the thickest half of the muffin, layer ingredients in this order: Cheese, pepper/onion mixture, ham, egg, then top with other half of muffin.
- Wrap in a double layer of Saran Wrap and freeze.
- To reheat, unwrap sandwich and wrap in paper towel. Microwave for 1 or 2 minutes until heated through.