Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty turkey snack using an easy dough recipe! Includes rising time. I have used different sliced meats and cheese combo as well as spices. Feel free to mix it up!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine yeast warm water and oil and let sit for about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and flour a little at a time until mixed.
- Knead for a few minutes until soft adding a little flour if needed.
- Put in an oiled bowl and cover for about 20-30 minutes until well risen.
- Roll dough out onto a rectangle with dough being thinner than pizza crust.
- Top dough evenly with slices of turkey then cheese then sprinkle with spices.
- Roll very tightly like making cinnamon rolls.
- Slice into about 16 rolls.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Baking time will really depend on how thin or thick you roll out your dough so watch carefully!
- To make ahead bake as directed then cool and put in freezer bags and freeze. To serve pop in the microwave until heated through.
I thought I had reviewed these! I made this summer to take camping. Used your dough, but put it all in my Bosch to knead. I used freshly ground whole wheat and had not issues with the dough. I made 2 batches and did one with ham and one with turkey, but sprinkled with cheddar cheese. I also put some mustard on the ham ones. After baking, I froze to take camping. Great finger food. No mess and everyone liked them.
Just made these. I too had problems with the dough and have been making breads for ohhhh 20 years? I think next time I'll add baking soda as the dough though tasty, I thought would rise more when cooking. Yet this is so simple, fun and TASTY! Deinitely great for kids and kids at heart.
Wow! these were great! I made a spicy brown mustard with honey and horseradish dip to go with them, Just a dab will do it onto a pinwheel, but ate em warm out of the oven, Yummy! (Grrrr I wish my camera was working! Mine looked so pretty too). :(