Recipe by anme
A tasty turkey snack using an easy dough recipe! Includes rising time. I have used different sliced meats and cheese combo as well as spices. Feel free to mix it up!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
I thought I had reviewed these! I made this summer to take camping. Used your dough, but put it all in my Bosch to knead. I used freshly ground whole wheat and had not issues with the dough. I made 2 batches and did one with ham and one with turkey, but sprinkled with cheddar cheese. I also put some mustard on the ham ones. After baking, I froze to take camping. Great finger food. No mess and everyone liked them.
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 6 slices deli turkey
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 1 dash oregano (optional)
- 1 dash dried basil (optional)
- 1 dash dried parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine yeast warm water and oil and let sit for about 5 minutes. Stir in salt and flour a little at a time until mixed.
- Knead for a few minutes until soft adding a little flour if needed.
- Put in an oiled bowl and cover for about 20-30 minutes until well risen.
- Roll dough out onto a rectangle with dough being thinner than pizza crust.
- Top dough evenly with slices of turkey then cheese then sprinkle with spices.
- Roll very tightly like making cinnamon rolls.
- Slice into about 16 rolls.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Baking time will really depend on how thin or thick you roll out your dough so watch carefully!
- To make ahead bake as directed then cool and put in freezer bags and freeze. To serve pop in the microwave until heated through.