3 hrs 15 mins
This is a great fool proof recipe for make ahead gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Have a large roasting pan ready.
- 3Arrange wings in single layer in pan.
- 4Scatter onions over top.
- 5Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
- 6Put wings and onions into 5-6 quart pot.
- 7Add water to pan and stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom; add to the pot.
- 8Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrot, and thyme.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Remove wings to a cutting board.
- 11When cool pull off skin and meat.
- 12Discard skin and save meat for another use.
- 13Strain broth into 3 quart saucepan, pressing vegetables to extract as much liquid as possible.
- 14Discard veggies and skim fat off broth.
- 15Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups of broth until smooth.
- 16Bring broth in saucepan to a boil, slowly whisk in flour mixture, boil 3-4 minutes to thicken and remove floury taste.
- 17Stir in butter and pepper.
- 18Refrigerate up to one week or freeze up to three months.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Turkey Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 230.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g