Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great fool proof recipe for make ahead gravy.
Make and share this Make Ahead Turkey Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Have a large roasting pan ready.
- Arrange wings in single layer in pan.
- Scatter onions over top.
- Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
- Put wings and onions into 5-6 quart pot.
- Add water to pan and stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom; add to the pot.
- Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrot, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove wings to a cutting board.
- When cool pull off skin and meat.
- Discard skin and save meat for another use.
- Strain broth into 3 quart saucepan, pressing vegetables to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard veggies and skim fat off broth.
- Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups of broth until smooth.
- Bring broth in saucepan to a boil, slowly whisk in flour mixture, boil 3-4 minutes to thicken and remove floury taste.
- Stir in butter and pepper.
- Refrigerate up to one week or freeze up to three months.