These are some of the world's best tuna burgers. I came up with the idea when I had some tuna in my pantry and needed to use it up. I just threw the ingriedents into a big bowl, mixed it up, made some patties, and sauteed them in butter. And what came out was one of the best recipes I had yet to make. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Tuna Bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (7 1/16 ounce) packages of starkist flavor fresh tuna in water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Equal sugar substitute or 1/2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 atkin friendly hamburger buns, plus
- 1 extra atkin friendly hamburger bun
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs (see note below)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1Place the first 7 ingriedents in a medium bowl and stir to comebined; flake the tuna as you stir.
- 2Take the extra hamburger bun and toast it in the toaster until browned.
- 3Using a bow cheese grater, grate the bun into the tuna mixture and then stir to comebined.
- 4Form the mixture into 4 patties and place on a plate, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for atleast 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- 5When you are ready to use them, remove them from the refrigerator, pat them in the bread crumbs, and saute them in the butter in a preheated (medium-high) skillet until golden brown on both sides (this won't take long so don't leave them).
- 6Place on hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.
- 7Note: If you do not want to use bread crunbs you can take 2 more Atkin's friendly buns, toast them, and chop them in your food processpr for low carb bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Tuna Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.0
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 986.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 33.8 g