1/1 Photo of Make Ahead Tenderloin Sandwiches
2 hrs 10 mins
Buy beef tenderloin on sale, make these mini buns of gold and freeze...if they last that long. Not for those on low fat diets...will be a huge hit with teens and hubbies craving beef! Recipe comes from a phenomonal cook, my husband's cousin Katie who made these at a family gathering. I couldn't leave without the recipe. Thanks so much Katie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1Bake tenderloin in 200 degree oven for 2 hours, turning & basting with basting mixture every 20 minutes. Will cook to medium rare - 145 degrees.
- 2While roasting, slice small silver dollar rolls and spread bun spread mixture on them.
- 3When meat is done, let rest at least a half an hour. I've let it sit overnight. Using an electric knife, slice meat into thin slices, piling several slices onto each bun. Put buns on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Cover with foil and put in fridge until ready to cook. Put a damp towel over buns. Remove foil before you do this and then bake in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Serve to a party or any kind of gathering and step back for the stampede!
- 5If there are any left, freeze individually for quick snacks or small meals. FANTASTIC!
- 6Perfect for Sunday afternoons watching football, Friday nights when the teenagers invade my house looking for something besides doritos (they know that I will feed them well!), or weeknights when we are crazy driving from one activity to another and need something substantial -- not hamburger helper or easy mac.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Make Ahead Tenderloin Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.7
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.9 mg
- Sodium 361.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: