Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is an easy and delicious recipe that you can make ahead and freeze. I usually serve with rice and green beans.
Top Review by DuChick
Chris from Kansas, I used this recipe for a starting point, so I won't leave stars. I wanted to add brown rice and broccoli, so I used the full can of soup, plus a bit more than 1/2 cup of chicken broth so the rice would fully cook and not get gummy. Also, instead of the croutons, I scattered a handful of french-fried onions on top. All together, this was a delicious meal! The white wine and Swiss cheese really added a great flavor.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crouton, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9X13 disposable foil pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces in dish.
- Sprinkle with swiss cheese.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and spread over cheese.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Place croutons in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Tape bag of crushed croutons to dish.
- When ready to bake, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Uncover dish and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until bubbly. Cover with foil mid-way through cooking if croutons start getting too brown.