Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is an easy and delicious recipe that you can make ahead and freeze. I usually serve with rice and green beans.
- Grease a 9X13 disposable foil pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken pieces in dish.
- Sprinkle with swiss cheese.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and spread over cheese.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Place croutons in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Tape bag of crushed croutons to dish.
- When ready to bake, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Uncover dish and sprinkle with croutons.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until bubbly. Cover with foil mid-way through cooking if croutons start getting too brown.
Chris from Kansas, I used this recipe for a starting point, so I won't leave stars. I wanted to add brown rice and broccoli, so I used the full can of soup, plus a bit more than 1/2 cup of chicken broth so the rice would fully cook and not get gummy. Also, instead of the croutons, I scattered a handful of french-fried onions on top. All together, this was a delicious meal! The white wine and Swiss cheese really added a great flavor.
This was good; felt like it was missing a little something, but not sure what. I did use some sliced cheese that I cut up and used bread crumbs since I didn't have any croutons (and no time to make them). So perhaps that made a difference. I think I would make again, maybe with the croutons this time. (Also should mention that I skipped the freezing part...just made and baked. Thanks for posting!
the best make ahead meal I have made yet! So good that my dh wants me to make it again as a regular meal.