Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Stuff the skins with seasoned sweet potato filling ahead of time and bake just before dinner.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (2 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Cut thin lengthwise slice from each potato; carefully scoop out inside of potato, leaving a thin shell. Mash potatoes in large bowl until no lumps remain. Beat in sour cream and milk. Beat in brown sugar, butter and salt until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Place shells in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Fill shells with potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Bake uncovered about 25 minutes or until potato mixture is golden brown. (If baking filled shells immediately after mashing potatoes, bake about 20 minutes.).
Awesome recipe! I made it yesterday for dinner and my husband and I both loved them. The only note that I have is that the potatoes were not done after 45 minutes so I had to microwave them. I would not recommend that just because it makes the shells very soft and easy to tear. Thanks for the great recipe:)