Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the blog 'Once Upon a Plate' http://www.onceuponaplate1.com. May be frozen.
Make and share this Make Ahead Stir-Fry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot (don't use dried or powdered)
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth (Swanson is a good brand) or 2 cups beef broth (Swanson is a good brand)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large jar (or in blender container).
- Add soy sauce and vinegar.
- Shake or blend until well combined.
- Add broth, sherry and water.
- Shake or blend again.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.